Sunday, March 19, 2017

What more could he have done?

This week I was thinking a lot about how some people look at all the bad things that happen in the world and at all the evil and use it as "evidence" to show that God doesn't exist. This week I was reading in 2 Nephi 15 and in verse four The Lord asks "What could have been done more to my vineyard that I have not done in it?" The allegory of the vineyard has always been very special to me since my mission. I think a lot about how much effort The Lord puts into us as people. What really stood out to me in this verse it just that after all that has happened The Lord wants to show that he has never given up and up to the point of taking away our agency there is nothing more the Lord could have done to help his people.

As I think about this in my own life I realize some of the things that The Lord has done in the past to help me and I realize that the only thing that stopped me from receiving greater happiness was myself. The Lord always did his part and never left me alone. It was always me, through my disobedience, that blocked the blessings of the Lord from finding me. It is like Elder Uchtdorf said when he compared the blessings of the lord to rain. He said that the Lord is always pouring endless blessings upon us and we choose to block them from time to time.

We need to always be seeking the blessings of the lord. If we do we will see his hand in our lives and we will be able to return to live with him. God didn't send anyone to this earth to fail. He has done everything that needs to be done so that we can return to live with him. There is nothing that God hasn't done or wont do to help us return to live with him. The only exception to this rule is that he won't take away our agency. If we use our agency to obey the lord we will feel a greater presence of his spirit in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment