Saturday, April 1, 2017

Power Humility and Revelation

This week I was studying in the book of Jacob and chapter 4 verse 6 has always been one of my favorite scriptures since the first time I red the book. I was reading over it again and this time tried to connect the following verses a little more.

6 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

Verse 6 has always appealed to me because I want to have the power to move mountains. I want to develop that kind of faith and I want the Lord to trust me to do what he would ask. I know that as my faith has grown I've seen more and more miracles in my life and I've been able to accomplish the hings that the Lord has asked of me. I think the next verse is just as important though because I think sometimes people think about the blessings and power that they have, or that they see other people with and they think that other people's lives are perfect but verse 7 talks about the trials they have and how they understand them.

7 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

God showed them their weakness but instead of being mad at God or asking "why me?" they had enough faith to understand why God shows us our weaknesses. They understood that it was to show them and help them understand his grace. The last verse I wanted to talk about was verse 8 because after talking about the power and the humility that they have they praise the Lord.

8 Behold, great and marvelous are the works of the Lord. How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knoweth of his ways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the revelations of God.

They praise God and invite others to "despise not the revelations of God." They understood that the only way to know God was through revelation.

As we continue to progress we can look to God for strength and through revelation we can understand that when we are show our weaknesses it is because God loves us and wants us to improve. We look to God and one day we will be perfected.

No comments:

Post a Comment