Thursday, April 13, 2017

They That Do Good

Seeing as this is the last entry for this semester I thought I would give some of my thoughts on the last chapter of The Book of Mormon. Before I started reading I had in my mind that I would talk about faith and testimonies but as I read Moroni chapter 10 the verse that stood out to me the most was verse 10. Particularly the line that says that "For if there be one among you that doeth good, he shall work by the power and gifts of God."

It made me think about what our professor told us at the beginning of the semester about other churches. He mentioned that some people like to say that other churches that aren't the LDS church are "the church of the devil." But then he pointed out how much our church leaders meet with these other churches and coordinate efforts to do good and promote good around the world and then he said something along the lines of "If these other churches were all 'the church of the devil' do you think our leaders would want to work so closely with them?" I really liked that and I think this verse does a really good job in representing that idea. Regardless of religion, age, race, political orientation or anything else if you are doing good things then you are working by the power and girts of God, and God is with you.

While we claim to have the fullness of the gospel and be God's true and living church on the earth today we need to realize the amazing contributions that everyone on earth can make and is making. Moroni made it clear that he was talking to everyone in verse 9 when he said "And now I speak unto all the ends of the earth..." As members of the church we should join hands with others no matter what to promote goodness in the world an know that if we do what it right we and others are working by the power and gift of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment